As a Operations Research Analyst, you will:
- Perform specific segments of analyses projects, using standard techniques and theories of the profession.
- Compile, organize and analyze data, identify likely significant variables and underlying relationships.
- Maintain and enhance models and simulation techniques and scenarios for use in current and future energy studies.
- Participate in facets of planning, designing and conducting tests to validate models and proposed enhancements.
- Perform segments of analyses projects, using standard techniques.
- Develops recommendations for priories, milestones and refinements of problem definitions for assigned project segments.
- Prepare reports and charts to document study purposes, methods, premises, and conclusions, and participates in briefing officials on progress and conclusions of studies.
- Perform segments of analysis projects using standard techniques and determine optimum samples sizes and sources of data appropriate for studies.
- Compile, organize and analyzes data, identify likely significant variables and underlying relationships.
- Participate in planning, designing and conducting tests to obtain and validate data
- Plan, design and conduct or monitor tests to obtain data.
- Develop study plans having sound problem definition and study priorities.
- Select critical elements of real world systems for inclusion in models.
- Advise co-workers and supervisors as to the impact of new/on-going programs.
- Participates in conferences on energy program of Federal, local, and private agencies affecting the survey assignment.
- Performs complete analyses of limited scope or portions of large projects, modifying/adapting techniques to fit situations, some requiring innovated approaches.