The individual selected for this position will serve as a Program Director. The Program Director:
- Maintains a healthy balance of support for all the needs of the research and education enterprise either through program, division, directorate, Foundation, or interagency activities.
- Manages program resources so as to provide optimal appropriate scientific judgment to insure integrity and consistency in the grant/declination process without conflict-of-interests, and with balance among appropriate sub-fields and institutions, and participation of all qualified scientists. Incorporate cross-directorate responsibilities in to program administration.
- Pursues affirmative action and EEO goals.
- Pursues and/or responsive to assignment on special projects and temporary functional teams from across the Foundation to solve problems, improve staff communication, and effect coordination for special programs.
- Establishes contacts and maintains active involvement in Program and related areas through participation in professional activities. Maintains familiarity with salient current research developments. Pursues individual research as workload and travel funds permit.
- Expand administrative capabilities through training courses or assumption of new management responsibilities.
- Represent Ocean Sciences and Paleoceanography in interdisciplinary and cross-directorate activities and programs.