The National Science Foundation is seeking an Accountant in the Grantee Cash Management Section (GCMS). GCMS utilized the Award Cash Management Service (ACM$) and FastLane to provide payment and post award financial functions for all Federal assistance programs awarded by NSF. ACM$ receives input from the NSF Award Management System and the Financial Accounting System to provide a centralized grant payment and financial information service to over 1,700 recipient organizations holding in excess of 48,000 active awards for which over $6.9 billion is disbursed on an annual basis. Specific duties include the following:
- Analyzes all financial reports related to recipient payment activity and gives guidance to grant recipients regarding the resolution of differences and other problems. Examines, interprets records and analyzes accounting data, records, and reports pertaining to multiple accounts with one or more accounting, grants management or grant payment systems or subsystems.
- Completes various payment methods i.e. ACH, FedWire, and check and advises or recommends changes to the GCMS Head on the most efficient method to use in assisting recipients in obtaining Federal funds.
- Maintains liaison with the Division of Grants and Agreements, NSF Program Offices and grant recipients in all matters involving payment and financial activities.
- Serves as senior accountant assisting the GCMS Section Head in providing professional accounting expertise and leadership to a staff of employees in the professional accounting classification series.
- Makes on-site and virtual visits to grant recipient institutions to advise and coordinate the fiscal aspects of the various grant programs financed through NSF.
- Reviews the impact of systems changes/enhancements.
- Analyzes the effect of the various payment methods i.e. ACH, FedWire, and Check and advises or recommends changes to the GCMS Head on the most efficient method to use in assisting recipients in obtaining Federal funds.