As a Program Director for the ACI program, the selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Long-range planning and budget development for the areas of science represented by the Program or Program cluster.
- Managing an effective, timely merit review, award, and declination process, and post-award management process.
- Communicating about the program effectively and advising the community of current and future funding opportunities.
- Advising and assisting the Division Director and Deputy Director in the development of long-range plans that ensure the Division's investments are targeted to cutting-edge challenges and opportunities in NSF's strategic goals.
- Preparing well-written program solicitations, annual program reports, and other written material that are consistent with strategic goals of NSF and the Division and that inform the Division's stakeholders, including the Administration, Congress, the national science and engineering community, and the public, of the intent, impact, and promise of program investments.